Wednesday, April 27, 2011

His "Secret" Purpose for Your Life

"His secret purpose framed from the very beginning (is) to bring us to our full glory"
(1 Corintians 2:7 NEB)

Wow!! A "secret" purpose, just for me, from the very beginning, just for me? He means to rename us - to return us to our true names, our truest selves, to our full glory.  He means to heal our "Soul Holes".   I certainly have "Soul Holes"...so how do I help Him heal me?  Did I say "help" Him?  There's the first problem, my pride acknowledges that I need His help, and yet I belittle his soverighty by suggesting that he needs my help to do anything.  I should say what can I do that will "allow" him to heal me?  And there it is...I must allow Him to be in charge, to be in control.  He means to fill us with glory, with glory and grace!

Grace, it means "favor", from the Latin gratia.  It indicates a free and ready favor.  It's one thing to choose to take the grace offered at the cross, but choosing to live as one filling with His grace?  Choosing to be filled with all that He freely gives and fully live-with glory and grace and God?

Do I really want to choose to say Yes? Choosing to say yes to what He freely gives, no matter what it is. 
Lost loved ones, financial ups and downs, disrespectful children, untrustworthy friends, persecusion for being a follower of Christ...He freely gives...even these things...do I except everything He gives, can I choose to filter what I want to receive?  I don't think so...with memories of funerals, lost friends and loved ones, I wonder if the "Sole Holes" in the canvas of our lives, the losses that puncture our world, our own emptiness, might actually become places to see...to see through to God.

Those tears that we shed, tears that open our souls, tears that splatter our sight, might they actually be the thin, open places to see through the mess of this place to the heart..to Him..to the God whom we endlessly crave?  Maybe...How do I give up resentment for gratitude, gnawing anger for spilling joy?  Self-focus for God-communion.  To fully live-to live full of grace and joy and all this is beauty eternal...It is possible...

And so the Dare begins....Choosing Joy is up to Me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment